Thursday, January 24, 2008

Water, Foundation, and Cabinets

This week saw a lot of progress on the house and land. The cabinets and all interior woodwork should be completely installed by the end of this week. After the painters, flooring, and countertops will be next.

Back in Snyder, the foundation for the house was put in place. Now the concrete must dry...being as cold as it is, it should only take about 200 years to fully harden (some sarcasm). Also, we have our water lines about 95% in place. I say only 95% because I broke one of the lines trying to clean up with a grubbing hoe, and then I cross threaded the PVC threads with the copper threads...oops! However, all of the lines are buried now.

One thing did have to be sacrificed though, the Box-Barn is back to running off extension cord power. I had to move the breaker box to align with the trenches that I dug and then my wiring did not reach, and doing exterior electrical work in 30 degree weather was not motivating. Also, the only thing that NEEDS power in the Box-Barn currently is the deep freezer...everything else will have to wait.

I will try to get some pictures for you next week.
Enjoy!
Taylor

No comments: