Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Teacher

So we now have a Spanish tutor. Yea! Best of all, she comes to our house at a time that is convenient for us for three days per week. The "class" is technically for one hour, but being in Honduras, and since she is a lady from the chapel that we know, sometimes she stays longer or has a meal with us (that's extra practice for us!).

Today I noticed something interesting. But first you must know some background info about Alesha and myself. --- Alesha (and Glory) are simply better at understanding (sometimes via guessing) what is being said. Alesha is better at pronunciation. Alesha is also an "A" student. Taylor does a better job of correctly conjugating verbs. Taylor is a "B-C" student. ---

Now on to my story:
Our classes begin by reading. We each have different books to reads. I read out loud, while Martha (our instructor) corrects my pronunciation. When I am done, Alesha starts to read her book and I begin to review what I read, looking for words and expressions that I do not understand. Then I review my words with Martha and write a sentence using those words. Alesha does the same with her own set of words.

Today, while reviewing my words with Martha, Alesha was listening in and as Martha was explaining a Spanish meaning in Spanish I found that Martha was not looking at me, but rather looking at and talking to Alesha! *sigh* Well, I certainly could have been irritated, but instead I found the whole episode humorous. Afterall, I like talking to and looking at Alesha too! ;-)

Enjoy!
Taylor

No comments: