Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Trusting My Father


Here's a recent picture of Daniel and his Papa! :) I love the strength of the one and the comfortable helplessness of the other. TRUST. It's awesome! :) This weekend I thought quite a bit about my Fathers...my earthly father had chest surgery this past Monday, which, thanks to my heavenly Father, seems to have gone very well. One lobe of his lung was removed; the two cysts they found do not seem to be cancerous. At this point, it seems to be a wonderful report and Daddy is doing well. Through the waiting and suspense of all this, though, I have been thinking some about prayer. As Christians, we are given an amazing opportunity. Since we have surrendered all we are to Christ, God can now see His Son when he looks at us instead of seeing who we used to be. Because our sin is then out of the way, we have an audience before the all-powerful, all-wonderful Creator of Life. Even more amazing, we don't come as slaves, but as dear children as we pour our requests and our fears at His feet. Unbelievers don't have this position. They are loved as much, but have no access into His presence since they have rejected the access He has provided through Christ. What do they do then, in stressful circumstances? They can try to solve them by themselves, but soon they will come to problems bigger than their solutions. They can hope things all work out, but deep in their soul they know they have no control. If this is you, you do not have to stay in this position! God is waiting and eager for your love and your trust! TRUST. This brings me to what I've been thinking the most about. I have been ashamed over the past few days at how in spite of my prayers, worry has ruled where peace should have. I AM a Christian! I HAVE this hope that the world does not! It is not the fault of my Father, Who has promised me His perfect peace, but with me, who like Peter, started to sink in the waves that faith would have easily held me above if my eyes would have truly been on Christ. Graciously, like with Peter, my Lord is always there to reach out His hand, even when my fear rules over my faith. As I look at my husband with our young children, and hear him stare them in the eyes and say, "Trust me", when they have to walk with him through something scary, I know that my Father says the same to me. :)

No comments: