Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Corn Scrubbin'

As I walked passed the outside water bowl for our dog and cats I could see a nice think coat of alge growing (perhaps as much as a quarter inch!). I then had a recollection from the past. I remember scrubbing out an old horse trough with a corn husk when I was a boy. We then played in the cleaner water (there were no animals drinking out of it at the time, so it was relatively clean). So looking at my dog's water bowl I had a thought...if only the corn was ready to harvest, but it would be several more weeks before that time. Then I had another thought. I wandered over to the old chicken pen and sure enough there were some left over corn husks from last winter. So I sntched up a few and got to srcubbin'...just like back in the day. After about 10 minutes (yes, there really was that much alge in the bowl) Pete had a nice, mostly clean water bowl again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

....and you really remember doing that!!! Cleaning out the trough with a corn husk! So much for your reputation of being "city raised"!
Mom "B"