Monday, June 8, 2009

"Mama, I have a suprise for you!"



...I hear this many times a day. Usually, the suprise is a flower, a stick, a rock with an interesting shape to it, or a "pretend birthday cake" made from sand from the sand-box. Yesterday, though, when I turned around, my beaming daughter was standing in our kitchen, with a live horney toad! :~) (That is, a horned frog lizard; non-venomous, spikey reptile. ) I had assumed this day would come. I had foolishly thought that I was safe until the boys got older, but that just shows where stereotypes get you! :) Glory let the horney toad go after we took their picture together. She likes them because " they don't bite you, and they eat ants: for breakfast, for lunch, for supper, so you should like them just a bit." I love ya, Glory! :)

No comments: