Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Don't have a cow, man!

...but after I got off the phone with our friend who owned a dairy farm, I turned to my wife and instead told her, "You're going to have a cow!"

While some women might have been offended at that kind of talking, my wife beams an "I love you" smile at me. She has been patiently asking for a dairy cow for quite some time and her time has finally come. We are as ready as we are going to be, so Lord willing we will have a new animal on our pasture by next week.

(Now I have to think of some witty remark when someone says, "Don't have a cow!" Any suggestions?)

~Taylor

2 comments:

beck said...

"Why yes, thank you. I'll gladly take a cow!"
So this is a dairy cow and not a meat cow. Does that mean it needs a name? Or does it come with one?
I've wanted to go in with a few families on a meat cow for a while now... currently not high on the priority list though.

Alesha said...

She is a milk cow; a Jersey, more specifically. For no good reason whatsoever, I plan to name her Annabelle...and we are REALLY excited !!! :)