Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Blogging @ Home

Well, I have some good news for those of you who want more detailed information per blog entry...this may be one of my last entries! Yup, it is possible that Alesha will be slowly taking over the blog. We are trying out a new wireless internet connection offered by our cell phone provider. It offers reasonably high speed access that I may be able to use for my work (the intent of my job is that I work from home, but this has never been realized since I required high speed access with minimal latency far out of town...this rules out DSL, cable, and satellite). Currently, I am trying out the wireless access to see if it will meet my work needs (I have 15 days to use and abuse it). If it is acceptable, then we will have to figure out some way for me to work from a currently only two-bedroom house...details, details. A perk of having this internet capability at home is that we can use it for personal use (as long as it does not interfere with my work). So here we go, Wireless Internet, on trial!

For those of you techies, our provider uses CDMA instead of GSP (?). If you know anything about it, then I would like to hear from you. I really want to push this connection to the limit during my trial period so that there are fewer surprises later on.

Enjoy!
Taylor

No comments: