Friday, March 28, 2008

"Just for Thank You..."

Glory and I had a fun conversation the other day, and I thought you might want to listen in...

  • Glory: "Mama, I'm gonna turn on the light - is that O.K.?"
  • Me: "No, let's leave it off for now; it's pretty bright in here. We have to pay money to use that light, but we can use the skylight for free.
  • Glory: (confused look)
  • Me: "Do you have to pay for the sunshine, Glory?"
  • Glory: "Yes."
  • Me: (Laughing a bit), "Who do you give the money to?"
  • Glory: "the LORD"
  • Me: (Laughing a bit harder), "No, Glory, the Lord doesn't make us pay for the sunshine. He gives it to everybody for free. We do give money to the Lord, though, you're right..."
  • Glory: (interrupting my explanation), "Yeah, just for THANK YOU!"
---I pray that I will continue to remember the graces the Lord has given so freely, and truly remember that the money we offer for His use IS a token THANK YOU for the sunshine, and the rain, the springtime and the harvest that He faithfully continues to give to us - for free.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

I love it! You and your mom have such a gift for seeing God's grace in ordinary life.