Thursday, February 24, 2011

the Taylorites are moving camp

Lord willing, tomorrow we will move out to the camp in Valle. We're excited to get there, but we'll also miss the friends we've made. We went to Bible Study at two different assemblies here in Tegucigalpa this week, each different from where we broke bread last Lord's Day. It is hard work, but I can follow the gist of the sermon...ASSUMING that I don't lose concentration by Dan spinning round and round on the bench...or Nate attacking my Bible...or a noisy truck roaring by...or..... :) Speaking of noisy trucks roaring by, I'm still rather struck by how OPEN many buildings are here. All of the meeting rooms we have been to here in Tegucigalpa have been open to the street. They may be gated and locked at night, but during a meeting, the doors are flung open letting the light, the music, and the message float out into the night beyond. Granted, part of this difference is because there is no fear of loosing the air conditioned air, because it is non-existent in most cases. Yet, it's a difference I've really come to enjoy and I think I will miss when we leave here.

No comments: