Sunday, February 17, 2008

A Father's Hand

This morning as I watched Glory sleep with my hand on her chest I began to think about the part of her body that is in such distress: her lungs. I looked at her chest. I looked my hand. I watched her breathe. I felt her chest raise and lower with each breath. I then realized that her lungs, both of then, could probably rest fairly easily in the palm of my hand. Then I pictured her lungs resting in my hands and wondered what they would look like and what I could do with them. It did not take long to realize that there is absolutely nothing that I could physically do to help my child, but there is someone who can. There is someone who knows exactly what is going on inside Glory Lynn and he knows exactly what she needs. He has Glory's precious life in his caring hands.

I have read about many different gods in my short life and I have sought after some of them. But only one of them has the strong, yet tender hands of my God, my Savior, and my Lord. My God is a God whom I serve. I have yielded my life and all of my desires to Him. My only desire is to do what he asks of me. This is why I call him, Lord.

So as I sit here I think about people in a similar situation who begin to wonder, "Why has God done this? Why does he allow this to happen to me?" I do not wonder at this. Primarily, because I am confident in my God that he is still in control of life and will take or leave Glory's life according to his divine purposes. However hard that may be, we are accepting of this. Second, God did not create sickness, disease, and suffering of any kind. These sort of "evils" have happened because we (man) has decided to live without God. Suffering, death, and all manner of evil entered this world only AFTER man, Adam, chose to leave God. In other words: after SIN. Now that sin has entered the world, we all be bear its burden, because in all honesty, "none is good...no, not one"!

Sin and disease may take a hold of Glory for now, but we rest assured that the Lord Jesus Christ has the final say in issues of life and death. Dear reader, I do not know you nor where you stand with my God, but I would plead with you to consider where you stand. Where will you be if you were do die tomorrow, and then how do you know if what you are believing is true?

I thank you again for you prayers, and in turn I will be praying for each of you that you also learn of your wretchedness and then seek resolution with the forever assurance of the only true God in the Bible.

-Taylor

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Taylor- this is beautiful! Good job! I'll be praying as well....

Anonymous said...

Tanks for the most beautiful lesson, Taylor.
Mom (Granny B)

Anonymous said...

Tayor,
With your words I got a knot on my throat. I thought how bless I have been, that I did not go though this with Jenda and Jalaina. Like the scrbiture says, God does not give you thing that you can not handle. I do can not imagin me going thur what you are. My Heart and Prayer as a Dad are with you. I admire you calmnest and patients in this cridical times. I see you that God has a Hand and knows you can hanle this painful times.

God Bless you with Strangth
Armando