Monday, February 18, 2008

The Hospital Adventure, part III

6:30am
We are now on "the floor". The room is much larger and will accommodate guests (and sleeping parents) better than the ICU. Glory's side and the right side of her chest, mostly in the back, are hurting fairly regularly now. I am told that this is partly because she is starting to feel the pain of the tube in her chest better because she is not as exhausted as she was when she first came in. Last night we had some difficulty going to sleep*, but by 2am she was too tired to care about the pain in her side and slept through until now.

Not much else is going on now. We are just waiting, watching, and playing with Glory. Glory's Uncle J has been a regular visitor. We are expecting to see Pa and Grandma Miller later today. I know that we will all be very glad to see Levi. Glory has asked about him, and I sure to miss his hugs. Also with the Miller's visit we will get some much needed supplies ( new clothes!).

Oh! One last thing. We do have a room phone now and hope to have our cell phone charger later today. We would be glad to hear from you.

enJOY!
Taylor

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are so glad that Glory is making progress. Thank you for keeping us all informed. You are in our hearts and prayers.
Aunt Karen & Uncle Donnie

Anonymous said...

We just learned what Y'all are going through. David will try to contact you and bring Glory a balloon (and one of David's patented feel good smiles!) You know you have my prayers. It's so hard to watch your child suffer. It was bad enough sitting through a week with Sarah in the hospital when she was 20. I can't imagine doing it with a little one who can't understand. Love, Aunt Barbara

the Hollingsworths said...

*Last night I again saw how sweet a child that God has blessed us with. Glory had spent about an hour and a half in some moderate pain before finally falling asleep around 10:20pm. Before this we had talked about where I would be sleeping: on the couch which is across the room. I told her this so that if/when she woke up in the middle of the night she would know where to look for me and not be too afraid. So after we both got to sleep, she had a coughing spell and woke back up around 11:15pm. After a few minutes of comforting her, she told me to leave! At first I did not understand. She then pointed to the couch, and then I think I realized what she was getting at. (1) She knew that I was supposed to be sleeping on the couch, and that that is where I am supposed to be. (2) I am also confident that she had been listening to Alesha and I talk about sleeping through the night and how we were both very tired. (Kids are not as ignorant about adult conversations as most people think.) So, Glory Lynn wanted her Papa to go back to sleep on the couch while she wrestled with the discomfort in her side.

-Taylor